1. How competitive is this group? ---- We have very serious athletes, and we have athletes who are interested in getting in shape.
2. Is this just a distance running group?---- We have both distance runners and sprinters.
3. What events do you offer? ---- Right now we offer coaching in the sprint events, distance events, relays, and long jump.
4. Do you need a sports waiver to participate? ---- We have a waiver which the parent of each athlete will sign in order to compete.
5. Where do you compete? ---- We have competed in local events all the way to the middle school state meet which is held anywhere in Florida depending on the year. Travelling to races is only an option and not a required part of the program.
- Current Session: Spring (Track)
- Approximately 16 Weeks
- Jan 30- May 17, 2017
- $90 renewal - $100 new*
Families 2-5 - $150
*New registration covers Gulf Coast Runners membership and must be updated yearly. A T-shirt is included in the fee.
**Prorated options become available midway through each season
***Drop in rate of $7 per session payable to coach.
$50: name recognition on website
$150: name recognition on website and ad in newsletter
$250: name recognition on website, ad in newsletter and 2 free training sessions
$500: Name recognition on website, company logo on t-shirt
$750: name recognition on website, company name on banner
The youth team was started in 2011 and has been holding practices three times per week year round since. We began taking middle school athletes to the state level cross country and track meets and 5K's while taking elementary athletes to local fun runs, mile races, and track meets. We have also hosted our own track meet for five years in addition to hosting state qualifiers for Track and Field. We hope to compete in more races as well as host our own cross country invitational this year, and strive to represent what Southwest Florida youth running athletes have to offer.
100m and 200m Regional Champ
100m and 200m District Champ
5th in State 200m
13th in state 100m
22'6" Long Jump
Middle School State Champ
Meet Record 18'5.25" LJ
Ran in 2015 13-14 JO National Track Meet
9:51 3000m / 4:43 1500m